What is personal information?
“Personal information” means information or an opinion that is capable of reasonably identifying an individual, whether that information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not. For example, this may include your name, mobile number and email address.
What personal information do we collect?
The type of personal information that we may collect from you varies depending on the circumstances of collection and may include (but is not limited to): your name, mobile number and email address.
If you make an offer for a rental property using the LiveOffer Platform, we will collect details of the amount of rent you are prepared to offer, the proposed lease term and move-in date as well as the date/time when your offers are submitted.
If you are applying for employment, we will collect, for example, details of your employment history and referee details.
From time to time, you may be able to visit the Website or Platform and deal with us anonymously or by pseudonym. For example, you may be able to make an offer on the LiveOffer Platform using a pseudonym. However, please be aware that, if you do not provide us with certain information that we require, we may not be able to provide you with the particular LiveOffer Services that you seek. For example, if we do not have your mobile number or email address, we will not be able to notify you regarding the status of your offer.
How do we collect personal information?
We may collect personal information from you in variety of ways, including when you:
· create a profile on the LiveOffer Platform or update your profile;
· make an offer for a rental property via the LiveOffer Platform;
· visit the LiveOffer Platform or any LiveOffer official social media pages and other webpages that we own, operate or manage;
· contact us by phone, email, post or via our Website enquiry form (whether you are a prospective tenant, PCH client, commercial partner or supplier);
· subscribe to receive our newsletters or to receive other promotional materials;
· sign-up to participate in surveys, competitions or other promotional activities;
· apply for employment with PCH; and
· become a key contact of a PCH client, commercial partner or supplier.
In some circumstances, we may also collect your personal information from third parties, which may include (but is not limited to):
· real estate agents using the LiveOffer Platform to manage listings for rental properties. For example, real estate agents will inform us whether credit checks they have conducted are satisfactory or not (but no other information in this regard is collected by us);
· if you are applying for employment with PCH, recruiters we have retained and your referees;
· credit and reference checking agencies; and
· law enforcement agencies and other government entities.
Your personal information will only be collected from third parties if it unreasonable or impractical to collect that personal information from you directly.
Collection of non-personal information
We may also collect and store certain non-personal information when you visit or use the LiveOffer Services. This information may include your IP address, domain server, login session, type of internet browser and type of device you are using.
Why do we collect your personal information and how do we use it?
PCH may collect and use your personal information for the purposes of providing you with the LiveOffer Services, which includes but is not limited to:
· registering, setting up and managing profiles on the LiveOffer Platform;
· facilitating the conduct of LiveOffers, including liaising with real estate agents and prospective tenants participating in LiveOffers;
· responding to your questions, comments, requests and complaints and to otherwise provide customer services;
· to enhance, improve and further develop the LiveOffer Services, for example, creating new features or functions, refining the user experience, increasing technical performance etc;
· to operate and maintain the LiveOffer Services eg fix malfunctions, test security systems etc;
· to help personalise the LiveOffer Services, for example, remembering your information so that you do not have to enter it each time you use the Platform;
· marketing our products and services and providing you with information and updates such as newsletters or offers of promotional events or opportunities (such as competitions or surveys) that you may be interested in;
· the prevention of fraud and/or identifying and investigating any suspicious use of the LiveOffer Services;
· assessing and processing employment applications and conducting due diligence as part of pre-employment screening;
· for our internal business and management processes, for example, accounting or auditing purposes;
· for any other purpose to allow us to comply with our obligations under law; and
· for any other purposes that would reasonably be expected by you.
The non-personal information we collect helps us to analyse trends, improve our services and administer the LiveOffer Services.
PCH may use your personal information for the purposes of marketing the LiveOffer Services to you or to inform you of new products, promotions or events that we believe you may be interested in. If you would like to stop receiving any of these marketing communications, you can opt out by writing to us at the contact details listed below (“Contact Details”) and informing us that you no longer wish to receive these materials. If at any time you would like to stop receiving future emails, you can click “unsubscribe” at the bottom of each direct marketing email we send.
Who will we disclose your information to?
From time to time, PCH may disclose your personal information to third parties, both within and outside Australia, for the purposes of conducting our business. These third parties may include (but are not limited to):
· real estate agents, when you make an offer in respect of a rental property using the LiveOffer Services;
· third party service providers and agents who assist us in managing our business or operating the Platform, for example, business support services, payment processors, webhosting service providers, cloud storage providers, mailing houses etc;
· credit and reference checking agencies;
· our professional advisors including lawyers, accountants, tax advisors and auditors;
· law enforcement bodies to assist in their functions, courts of law or as otherwise required or authorised by law; and
· regulatory or government bodies for the purposes of resolving customer complaints or investigations.
Occasionally, we may disclose personal information to overseas recipients, for example:
· to our related companies, located in the USA; and
· if we store, process or back-up your personal information on servers that are located in the USA (for example, cloud service providers).
To disable your cookies, please refer to the help menu within your Internet browser. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of the LiveOffer Services.
How do we secure and protect your personal information?
We take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to store your personal information securely to protect it from interference, misuse and loss and from unauthorised use, access, modification or disclosure.
In order to protect your personal information we use industry standards and practices, such as through our use of Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, encrypted payment gateways, firewalls, etc.
Third Party Links
How do we maintain the accuracy of the personal information we hold about you?
We take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information that we collect is up-to-date and complete.
However, in order to maintain the accuracy of the personal information, we rely on the quality of the personal information that you provide to us. To ensure that we always have your most up-to-date personal information, please contact us as soon as possible when your details change. This might include when you change your name, mailing address or use a new email address.
Alternatively, you may update your details by accessing your profile on the Platform.
Accuracy and requests for access and correction of personal information
You are entitled to access and correct the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies in the information corrected. However, in order to maintain the accuracy of your personal information, we rely on the quality of the personal information you provide to us.
If you would like to access, update or correct any of the personal information we hold about you, you may do so by sending us an email to email@example.com and informing us that you wish to access or correct your personal information.
There are some circumstances specified by law where we may refuse your request for access to and/or the correction of your personal information. However, if one of these circumstances applies, we will provide you with a written explanation of the reasons for refusal, unless it would be unreasonable to provide that notice.
Once we receive your request for access or correction, we will endeavour to respond to your request within a reasonable period after the request is made. We may also charge reasonable costs for responding to your request.
If you have any concerns or a complaint about a breach of your privacy or the way we have handled your personal information, please inform us of the nature of your concern or complaint by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will then investigate your complaint and endeavour to provide you with our response within a reasonable time. If, after receiving our response you still consider that your privacy complaint remains unresolved, you may then, for example, refer your concern to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.
Property Connect Holdings Ltd
Level 26, 1 Bligh St
Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia
Phone: +61 (02) 8226 8516
Last Updated: 31 July 2017